TierPoint’s Boston-Marlborough facility is another one of our “sweet spot” facilities. It’s located close to metro Boston and Providence, near the 495 Technology Corridor, yet sufficiently removed to insulate against localized disasters.
This data center is connected via private 10G Fiber to multiple POPs around the country, ensuring resiliency and reliability with our fault-tolerant Gigabit Ethernet IP backbone. As one of our largest facilities, its 200,000+ square feet offers both extensive, state-of-the-art data center infrastructure along with office cubes, private suites and other disaster recovery seating. It’s audited under ITAR, EU-US Privacy, SOC 1, SOC 2, HIPAA, GLBA, and PCI Colo* standards annually.
*Please see Security & Compliance section below for details
- Three additional TierPoint facilities located within I00 miles (Andover, MA, Charlestown, MA and Waterbury, CT)
- 30 miles from Boston, but located on a different power grid
- Connected to a vital New England-area fiber-regeneration plant
- Private I0G fiber to multiple, nationwide POPs with our gigabit Ethernet IP backbone
- I0G connectivity, I I on-net carriers plus cross connects to the carrier of your choice
- Three power sources totaling IIMW
- I4.25MW of generator backup power
- Extensive chilled water mechanical plant with onsite storage
- Offers custom built recovery workstation space or pre-configured DR seating to match industry requirements (such as a trading-floor workspace)
- Includes one of the region’s largest enterprise operations centers (EOCs)
- 203,840 sq. ft. campus environment
- 40,000 sq. ft. of raised floor space
- SSAE I6 SOC1 and SOC2, Type II
- Single story with concrete masonry walls
- Raised floor design supports I50+ watts/sq. ft.
- 24x7x365 onsite personnel
- Level 2 and 3 engineers onsite/on call
- Monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Iris scanner
- ITAR, EU-US Privacy, SOC 1, SOC 2, HIPAA, GLBA, and PCI Colo*
- Mantrap with photo ID card access system
- Closed circuit video surveillance
*PCI Colo – Certification on PCI-DSS Requirement 9 & 12 (Physical Security and Information Security Policies) only for the data center (colocation) services. Colocation provides secure space, power, and environmental controls for merchants and service providers, some of which fall under PCI compliance. No logical access to any customer systems that may contain cardholder data.
- Redundant, UPS-protected power system
- N+1 diesel generators
- Cisco powered network infrastructure running BGP4 protocol
- Century Link
- Level 3
- One Communications