“By 2019, 60% of IT workloads will run in the cloud” predicts information technology research and advisory company 451 Research in a recent post. It’s a strong and intriguing statement, backed by solid data. In their Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud Transformation, Workloads and Key Projects Survey, conducted in March and April, the firm analyzed more than 700 completed surveys from IT decision-makers about cloud computing adoption, application workloads, and technologies.
Next week, TierPoint will host 2017 Cloud Market Overview: An Exclusive Briefing, to review key results of the survey. The online event is presented by Research Vice President Melanie Posey of 451 Research. Her work is focused on tracking, analyzing and anticipating the pace and nature of enterprise cloud adoption.
The briefing will provide access to the very latest data and expert insights, information that can save considerable time and effort when planning your cloud migration, and create the opportunity for competitive advantage. The briefing will delve into the findings, which include:
- What do the respondents find are the biggest challenges in moving workloads to cloud services, and how do they overcome these challenges?
- What types of cloud platforms are chosen for specific types of workloads?
- What are enterprises spending on cloud services?
- What workloads are enterprises porting to a cloud, when, and how?
- What are some of the challenges and inhibitors for various cloud computing strategies?
- What return on investment are enterprises seeing?