TierPoint’s Data Center in Charlestown delivers the highest level of security, safety, redundancy, reliability, scalability, and technology, whether you choose Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), cloud services, managed services or other solution. TierPoint’s Boston-Charlestown data center is audited under The space is located in a secure facility audited under SSAE 18 Type 2 SOC 2, PCI-DSS1*, GLBA and HIPAA standards annually. ITAR and EU-US Privacy Shield registered.
*Please see Security & Compliance section below for details
- 24,000 square feet of raised floor space
- Building strategically located outside of severe weather and seismic zones
- 24- and 30-inch raised floors provides conditioned air for more efficient and effective cooling of computer equipment
- 23-foot ceilings – hot air rises, keeping customer equipment cool
- Cameras digitally record all movement in and around the Boston Data Center
- Separate cameras focused on all exterior doorways
- SSAE 18 Type 2 SOC 2, PCI-DSS1*, GLBA and HIPAA standards annually. ITAR and EU-US Privacy Shield registered
- Two factor authentication including the use of biometric scanning device before allowing entry into the data center and critical areas
- Security Mantrap
*1PCI-DSS – Certification on PCI-DSS Requirement 9 & 12 (Physical Security and Information Security Policies) on data center (colocation) services. Colocation provides secure space, power, and environmental controls for merchants and service providers, some of which fall under PCI compliance. No logical access to any customer systems that may contain cardholder data.
- Uniquely connected to two power grids
- Redundant 1.5 and 2.0 Megalwatt diesel generators, regularly tested, for added protection
- A minimum of N+1 configuration at the Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC) level
- UPS Systems configuration: DC100 is 2N and DC200 is N+1
- Minimum of 24 hours of on-site fuel storage
- Carrier neutral, high availability and resilient 10 GB Internet connectivity
- Diverse upstream feeds via separate paths into the facility
- TierPoint provided, redundant IP Network connectivity utilizing HSRP and other protocols.
- TierPoint provided cross connects of standard media types to connect to the carrier of your choice
- Broadview Networks
- XO Communications