- North Carolina -
Raleigh – RTP Data Center
Why choose this data center in Research Triangle Park, NC?
Located in one of the biggest tech hubs in the U.S., TierPoint’s state-of-the-art Tier III Research Triangle Park (RTP) data center and colocation facility enables companies to increase business agility and improve IT performance. This secure data center in Durham near Raleigh is home to a TierPoint multitenant cloud pod and is part of our nationwide network of data centers with guaranteed exceptional performance and low latency connections. The facility is built to withstand disasters and is located 315 feet above sea level and in a lower-risk seismic zone. TierPoint operates a second data center in Raleigh and three data centers in Charlotte (Center Park, North Meyers, and Rose Lake).
North Carolina is a business-friendly state with state tax exemptions for data centers. Considered among the best places to live and work, Research Triangle Park (RTP, The Triangle) encompasses the cities of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, NC.
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK FACILITY OVERVIEW99 TW Alexander Drive, Durham, NC 27709Download Specs
- 70,000+ total square feet, 34,000+ square feet of raised floor space
- Cabinets, cages and customizable suites available
- 24x7x365 electronic and on-site security qualified personnel
- Secure two-factor authentication including biometric systems
- CCTV surveillance, with a minimum 90 days of retention
- 2N - A-side and B-side power distribution design
- Four 2 Megawatt generators each with a 4000 gal diesel belly tank (2N Configuration)
- 24x7 Remote Hands technical support
- 100% uptime SLA
- Managed services, including private cloud, disaster recovery, and security solutions
- Carrier-class, carrier neutral facility
- TierPoint-provided, redundant IP bandwidth available with 10Gb connectivity
- Multiple, diverse fiber feeds, with dark fiber connectivity available
- Cloud on-ramps and fabrics
- See Connect Point for all carriers and product offerings.
- Audited under SSAE 18 SOC 2 Type II, PCI-DSS*, GLBA and HIPAA standards annually and is ITAR and EU-US Privacy Shield registered.
* PCI-DSS – Certification on PCI-DSS Requirement 9 & 12 (Physical Security and Information Security Policies) on data center (colocation) services. Colocation provides secure space, power, and environmental controls for merchants and service providers, some of which fall under PCI compliance. No logical access to any customer systems that may contain cardholder data.