- Illinois -
Chicago – Polk Data Center
Why choose this data center in Chicago, Illinois?
Just west of the Loop in the heart of Chicago, the state-of-the-art TierPoint Chicago (Polk St.) data center and colocation facility enables companies in many industries to increase business agility and improve IT performance. Chicago is a major transportation hub and relay point to the U.S. heartland. This secure data center enables businesses to reach 50 million people throughout Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin. The Chicago area is home to one of TierPoint’s multitenant cloud pods, and the Chicago (Polk St.) data center is part of our nationwide network of data centers with guaranteed exceptional performance and low latency connections. A second TierPoint data center in the Chicago metro area is the West Chicago data center.
Illinois is the fourth-leading manufacturing state. Other top private industries include professional and business services, real estate, finance, and insurance. A low risk of natural disasters, such as hurricanes and wildfires. Leads many businesses to choose data centers in the Midwest, including Illinois.
- 107,000+ total square feet, 16,000+ square feet of raised floor space
- Cabinets, cages, and suites available
- 24x7x365 electronic and daytime security qualified personnel
- Secure two-factor authentication including biometric systems
- CCTV surveillance, with a minimum 90 days of retention
- True 2N UPS redundancy in each electrical system
- 24x7 Remote Hands technical support
- 100% uptime SLA
- Managed services, including private cloud, disaster recovery, and security solutions
- Carrier-class, carrier neutral facility
- Cloud on-ramps and fabrics
- Multiple, diverse upstream feeds via separate paths into the facility
- Connectivity to Lakeside Technology Center (350 Cermack)
- See Connect Point for all carriers and product offerings.
- Audited under SSAE 18 SOC 2 Type II, PCI-DSS*, GLBA and HIPAA standards annually and is ITAR and EU-US Privacy Shield registered
* PCI-DSS – Certification on PCI-DSS Requirement 9 & 12 (Physical Security and Information Security Policies) on data center (colocation) services. Colocation provides secure space, power, and environmental controls for merchants and service providers, some of which fall under PCI compliance. No logical access to any customer systems that may contain cardholder data.