The Omaha-Midlands Data Center is a marvel. From extreme disaster protection, to 99.999% uptime, to a specialized 24/7 security and onsite support team, TierPoint’s Omaha-Midlands facility is secure, reliable, and everything you could want from a trusted local data center partner.
The facility is also LEED Gold-Certified and Energy Star Certified, making use of three-season free cooling, as well as a facility purposefully built to maximize efficiency and reliability at every turn. It was designed from the ground up to withstand the harshest weather conditions and disasters, including 250mph winds. State of the art security systems, including identity verification and biometric scanning, provide facility-level compliance with many regulatory guidelines. The Omaha-Midlands Data Center also maintains OSHA Compliance. It’s audited under SSAE 18 Type 2 SOC 2, PCI-DSS1*, PCI-DSS2, GLBA and HIPAA standards annually. ITAR and EU-US Privacy Shield registered.
*Please see Security & Compliance section below for details
- Purpose-built data center, single-tenant, single-use structure
- Outside of 500 year flood plain
- Guest office, conference room and break room areas
- N+1 continuous precision cooling systems with dual path water system
- 3’ raised access floor for cold air supply
- LEED Gold Certified, Energy Star Certified
- 24/7 onsite staff and remote monitoring from geographically disperse Operations Centers
- Photo, fingerprint and ID validation is required
- Badge readers, biometrics and man-traps throughout the facility
- SSAE 18 Type 2 SOC 2, PCI-DSS1**, PCI-DSS2*, GLBA and HIPAA standards annually. ITAR and EU-US Privacy Shield registered
- Video surveillance in all critical areas and in each row of the data halls with 90-days of retention
*1PCI-DSS – Certification on PCI-DSS Requirement 9 & 12 (Physical Security and Information Security Policies) on data center (colocation) services. Colocation provides secure space, power,
and environmental controls for merchants and service providers, some of which fall under PCI compliance. No logical access to any customer systems that may contain cardholder data.
**2PCI-DSS – TierPoint MidWest’s Compliant Cloud Environment (CCE). A secure compliance regulated environment providing some managed services including the management of external
switches, routers/firewalls, monitoring and logging devices and IDS/IPS. TierPoint Midwest manages each client’s externally facing firewall. All systems and devices, and operations that exist
inside the client’s internal firewall fall within scope of the client’s PCI certification and review.
- 2 substations, two 14MW below ground feeds
- N+1 diesel generators with over 24 hours of runtime
- N+1 UPS per data suite behind N+1 static switch PDUs
- Redundant (A+B) power distribution to each cabinet
- Power metering and utilization reporting by circuit, cabinet and room
- Multiple carriers (7+) built into the facility
- Diverse entrance pathways underground to carrier neutral meet-me rooms
- Internet, MPLS, Ethernet, Optical Wave, Point-to-Point and Dark Fiber services available
- Interconnected with 10G wave services to TierPoint data centers in Lenexa, Bellevue and St. Louis
- Blended, BGP-routed, Internet services using three major carriers
- Redundant Cisco core routing and switching infrastructures
- Great Plains
- Nebraska Link