TierPoint Data Centers now Connect to CenturyLink’s Robust Network
MONROE, La., (Nov. 6, 2018) -To continue supporting enterprise IT infrastructure and connectivity needs, TierPoint and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) announced that CenturyLink’s Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections will be offered out of TierPoint data centers across the United States.
Thirty-five of 43 TierPoint data centers are now connected with fiber to CenturyLink’s global network, with the majority already enabled with the SDN capability. This allows enterprise customers to quickly and easily establish highly scalable Ethernet connections directly to major cloud service providers and their enterprise locations.
Enterprises using TierPoint can turn up and down dedicated Ethernet connections to Amazon Web Services (AWS) locations across the globe, ranging in size from 10 Mb/s to 3 Gb/s in just a few minutes, and only pay for the time the network is used in hourly increments. If customers keep the connection up, it automatically reverts to a lower monthly billing rate. In addition, the connections can be scaled up and down dynamically as bandwidth needs fluctuate.
“This expansion of CenturyLink capabilities within our data centers is an important development for our customers,” said TierPoint Chief Revenue Officer Tony Rossabi. “They can now connect to public cloud service providers with secure, high-speed connections, just as fast and easily as if they were physically colocated next to them. And the billing model only charges our customers for what they use, while protecting them from surprise expenses.”
“Combining TierPoint’s capabilities with CenturyLink Cloud Connect now enables enterprises to execute on their cloud migration strategies with network and infrastructure that is just as agile as the cloud,” said CenturyLink Senior Vice President of Core Network and Technology Solutions Paul Savill. “High-speed delivery and usage-based pricing can be delivered over high-performance infrastructure, from cloud to the edge.”
- CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections, part of the CenturyLink Cloud Connect portfolio, is available across thousands of locations in North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe. As a private Layer 2 network, the connection is inherently secure and minimizes exposure to external threats.
- CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections is delivered over private MEF Carrier Ethernet 2.0 connections across CenturyLink’s redundant global fiber network using CenturyLink’s software-defined networking (SDN) technology.
- Billing works on a pay-as-you-go model. Every dynamic connection is on an hourly rate with no long-term contract and no early termination fees.1
- With one of the largest and most geographically diversified data center footprints in the nation, TierPoint delivers secure, reliable, and connected infrastructure solutions, including edge-capable data centers with industry-leading disaster recovery services.
- Learn how enterprises can dynamically connect to the cloud
- Learn more about CenturyLink Cloud Connect solutions
- Learn how enterprises can maximize performance and availability of their IT systems
- Learn more about TierPoint network services
Meeting clients where they are on their journey to IT transformation, TierPoint (tierpoint.com) is a leading provider of secure, connected data center and cloud solutions at the edge of the internet. The company has one of the largest customer bases in the industry, with 5,000 clients ranging from the public to private sectors, from small businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises. TierPoint also has one of the largest and most geographically diversified footprints in the nation, with over 40 world-class data centers in 20 markets and 8 multi-tenant cloud pods, connected by a coast-to-coast network. Led by a proven management team, TierPoint’s highly experienced IT professionals offer a comprehensive solution portfolio of private, multitenant, managed hyperscale, and hybrid cloud, plus colocation, disaster recovery, security, and other managed IT services.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
1A CenturyLink master services agreement for network services with minimum term and early termination fees is required to gain access to Dynamic Connections.