TierPoint’s Connecticut facility is located in Waterbury (also known as Greater Hartford). It is situated safely away from major population centers and flood zones while remaining accessible to our customers in the heart of the I-84 corridor. Approximately 25 miles southwest of Hartford, it’s also the perfect location for companies impacted by Connecticut data laws and regulations, such as insurance firms, financial services companies and healthcare providers.
This facility offers 30,000 square feet of a multi-tenant five-story standalone building, sturdily constructed with concrete, steel and brick. Offering raw space that can be built-to-spec, it’s connected to our other facilities via a fault-tolerant Gigabit Ethernet IP backbone (using robust fiber) and offers on-site/on-call tech support. It’s audited under ITAR, EU-US Privacy, SOC 1, SOC 2, HIPAA, GLBA, and PCI Colo* standards annually.
*Please see Security & Compliance section below for details
- 11,950 square feet of raised floor & business continuity space
- Multi-story concrete, steel and brick construction
- Raised floor design supports 100-150 watts/square foot
- HVAC systems include Leibert split/DX CRAC unites & Trane roof top package units
- All HVAC systems are minimum N+1 redundant
- State-of-the-art fire detection systems with dual interlock pre-action fire suppression for mission critical areas
- Onsite personnel
- Closed Circuit TV
- ITAR, EU-US Privacy, SOC 1, SOC 2, HIPAA, GLBA, and PCI Colo*
- Monitored open door and security breach alarms
*PCI Colo – Certification on PCI-DSS Requirement 9 & 12 (Physical Security and Information Security Policies) only for the data center (colocation) services. Colocation provides secure space, power, and environmental controls for merchants and service providers, some of which fall under PCI compliance. No logical access to any customer systems that may contain cardholder data.
- Shared utility feed from Connecticut Power & Light with total of 1MW capacity
- A/B UPS plant for Colo 1 – installed capacity of 160kW; 2N reduandant capacity of 64kW
- Standalone UPS for Colo 2 – installed capacity of 95kW
- Carrier Neutral facility with multiple Tier 1 providers
- Available to most leading MetroEthernet and Telcom carriers
- BGP4 meshed Internet connectivity
- Multiple, diverse fiber feeds to other TierPoint facilities
- Sidera Networks